Friday, April 26, 2019

This morning

I'm branching out from the 50's on satellite radio and listening to 60's, 70's and 80's.  Today on  my way to work I put on the 70's and a song called, The Year of the Cat came on.  It was vaguely familiar and I was really enjoying it.  I saw that it came out the year I was born and for some reason the lyrics were making me think that this is what my mom must've felt like with a newborn me.  American Pie came on right after that and I switched it immediately to the 60's and The Walker Brothers were on!!!!!!  I laughed like a wild woman.  It was all right, kind of standard sounding whatever that means.  The DJ came on after it was over and said that the Walker Brothers weren't related and that none of them had the last name Walker.  He also said that one of them died recently so that's why I'm having these Walker Brother coincidences.  Later at work, I looked up the lyrics to The Year of the Cat....the lyrics have nothing that to do with what a mother would feel about her first year journey with her baby child!!  I laughed like a demented fool.  I texted my mom inquiring of her memories of that song and she replied, "How about that I hated that song".  I laughed like I spit my drink out.  Then I asked her if she ever heard of the Walker Brothers.  She loved them!

Al Stewart sort of doesn't care pose
It kinda sums up the album title




Also, yesterday I jammed out to Monkey by George Michael.  I totally forgot about that song!

No comments: