Friday, April 12, 2019

Me on the Weekend

My daughter and I had a conversation right before bed the other night.  She was a bit emotional.  Told me that she didn't have magic eyes anymore.  I told her that we would figure out something to get her magic eyes back.  She said something about a mask, so we decided a mask would help and then she asked if I had magic ears.  I said maybe.  She asked what other magic things I had and then told me that she had magic everything.  At some point I felt guilty and was too serious and I told her that I was sorry that I yelled a lot and that I thought she was wonderful and then she said that I was sometimes rude.  I told her I was sorry and that I will do better.  Then she said she didn't want other parents and started to cry.  Then she asked me tearfully if I was going to die.  I kinda stumbled around and then said not until I'm old, old, old, old, really old.  Then she kept saying that with a distressed face--when you are old, old, old, old you will die?!  I changed it up and said that I will never really die and that I would be with her always and forever.  It sorta calmed her for a few minutes but then she started talking about her grandma Nelva who died in a fire or something and she was old old old old...she must be aware of her past lives or something, she is always talking about her mom and sisters and grandmas that I don't know and sometimes says they died.  One of them died in '32.  That's what she said.  We finally got passed that and she went to sleep, so I guess we're going to make masks this weekend to get her magic eyes back.


No comments: