Wednesday, December 9, 2009

So Succulent

I think I did a bad thing, but I'm not sorry for it because it is so freakin' cute, cool and all together awesome! I opened a package I received. I noticed that it was from a flower company so....well, if it was a plant, I didn't want it to die! So, sorry Melanie, I found my bad ass hanging succulent terrarium and I planted and hung it immediately! Thank you! I can't stop looking at it--it's so pretty. Of course, curiosity ascended or descended, whichever, so you know I had to try to ID the succulent. It's a type of Haworthia and that's as far as I've gotten because the search led me to the coolest site which has diverted my attention, yet again, to an infatuation with succulents. Why am I so weird about plants? Check this site out if you have a chance--there are some really strange plants out there! My favorites so far are the Mesembs. There are some gorgeous succulent flicker pics out there too.


My succulent gift! Orbilicious!

Also, a couple story ideas popped up in my succulent brain and both are coincidentally about manipulation in order to entertain people. Strange. One is about The Actor who has to manipulate her feelings to everyone she sees. It is her duty or desire to give people what they want. The other is about The Toy Store that is run by a set of disembodied hands that manipulates objects of desire for consumers. Consumers will never become bored because The Toy Store is ever changing in giving them what they want. The entity employs consumer researchers to live like leaches on the pulse of changing desires.


I leave you with a little ditty that is sung in my house:

"So succulent, So succulent, So suck my little buttulent"

No comments: