Friday, December 4, 2009

Fine Friday


this morning moon


What a beautiful Friday morning! Behind the glass of a much much warmer car it appeared to be so lovely outside you would never guess that it's freakin' freezing! Once I got into my neighborhood I let the sun shine on my face as it's rays skipped through the tree lined street.

I am Bartleby. I just am. Believe me. Only a piece of me, though, I am other people too. Woody Allen, Lucille Ball, Huey Lewis...who else? Oh, Rizzo from Grease. Cold showers everyday = throwing your life away. I think about her solo when I'm melancholy and getting ready to take a shower. Do I take a cold shower today? Throw it all away? I never take a cold shower. I think I should, though, cold showers are invigorating. Warm showers are probably more equal with throwing your life away--they are relaxing and make you sleepy. Warm showers are just prepping you for the big sleep? No. It's not one extreme or the other. They are both beneficial.

I want to remember, in writing, these two diners: Sanderson's Lunch and Nichols Lunch. They are no longer around. Sanderson's got demolished after it got closed down--possibly due to illicit drugs. Nichols closed, but luckily the building is still there and appears to be properly used. I went to Nichols twice, maybe a third time drunk. I wished I would have gone more, but it didn't happen. The look of the place was definitely awesome, if I were the type to frequent dining establishments, I would have stopped in more. I don't remember the food really, I'm sure it was good, but I just liked being there, and I was hoping to see William S. Burroughs.



Nichols Lunch wasn't as exciting to me as Sanderson's Lunch. Maybe there really were drugs there because I rabidly loved that place. I don't remember the food at Sanderson's either, well, except for ridiculous pork tenderloin sandwich that another customer ordered. The tenderloin a replicate of a dinner plate with the audacity to lie between two small hamburger buns. Sadly, I only a went a few times to Sanderson's too. One time around Halloween I saw a pale white woman wearing red with an enormous white blond beehive sitting next to a cardboard cut out of Gary Oldman's Dracula that was part of Sanderson's holiday decor.

It was hilarious how much they looked alike. I wanted to have a camera so bad that day!

A book about Sanderson's Lunch!


I'm off to do something productive. Have a fine Friday!

No comments: