Monday, August 8, 2016

firsts

I have to document the new firsts you are doing, little girl, and I'm sorry I haven't kept up like I did with your brother.  I didn't want to be so typical, but alas, I guess there's a reason the second child doesn't get the attention of the first... yeah...I know...the first!
So, your father and I came to the consensus that your first word was dada around March, but now in your 15th month on earth you have accumulated a few more...

bye bye - you say dye, dye (to your toothbrush, gleefully)

Ball -  Bah  ( you can throw a ball really well!)

hi (this was probably your second word and maybe really the first that was the clearest--you say this word really cute and high and often times is accompanied by a wave)

uh-oh (you make this exaggerated "o" with your lips that is adorable)

mum mum (kinda...I mean, it's not that clear, but you like me and I don't care. :) )

no (you said this very clearly at 5 o'clock this morning)

update 8.15: go and ouch! also, you sign for "more"

you communicate rather effectively by shaking your head yes and no and you do it kind of funnily...in fact, you are funny.  Your dad and I think so...your brother has commented on it as well.
You growl.
you walk around like a champ--your first steps were Friday June 24th--you already run ok.
Just yesterday you wanted a cape like your brother so we borrowed your dad's red bandana and tied it around your neck...we have pictures.  You love it!
Your brown eyes are really expressive and sometimes you make an effort to catch my gaze, stare into my eyes and we smile. :)

No comments: