Thursday, October 11, 2007

Stellar Nursery Rhyme


Insulation
Sometimes we need
Insulation
To quiet down
The insolent noise
To comfort from
The negativity
I need insulation
How do I make insulation?
Is it immaterial or material?
Immaterial insulation
Would be harder to create
Takes clearing out the cobwebs
Figuring out how to relax
Before mental weaving begins
Material insulation is easy
With the exception of
Filaments of fiberglass
Stuck in the skin
Maybe metaphoric insulation
A warm blanket of lullabies
Of closed eye crescent blue moons with smiling mouths
Of tiny white undershirts adorned with baby yellow flowers
Of cornsilk hair sliding through your fingers
Of soft cheeked toddlers in ancient photographs
Of black and white wallpaper with olde tyme advertisements
Of sweet scent of rich decay from jumping in crisp leaf piles
Of red and green and orange and brown and yellow
The swirl of color in my memory
Surrounding me
Holding me
Relaxing me
Pacifying me
Keeping me
Sane
Moonglow and stellar nursery
Wrapped around me
This is my insulation

No comments: