Wednesday, October 24, 2007

2 poems inspired by music

Doesn't
it
seem
interesting
and
dizzy
to
whirl
around
like
a
tornado
full of
interests
of Herbie Hancock
of Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow
of Jazz
of Beatniks
of Neanderthals
of vinyl records
of Black Sabbath
of Fluxus
of Yoko Ono
and forever
m
or
e
and
m
or
e
and
m
or
e
never pinning it down
never nailing it
just flying around
with leaves
and snatching one or two
as they come close
and letting go
for no
reason at all
all
for
all
of beauty
of song
that vibrates
my skin
and shivers
with energetic
excitement
warming
inside
inspiring me
Retain this
I want to cry
ss
ne
pi
ap
h
ss
ne
pi
ap
h (happiness, happiness)
never leave me
my heart
feels so pure
music makes me
feel so pure



feminine worry
she croons
on her
trumpet
swell of fear
pours out
from her
lungs into
an instrument
that changes
sorrow
to
force and beauty
tinny tinny
haaaaw
wee e ee
baaaaw
I love you
I love you
love love love
energy
push out and out
not by some
mechanical atom
a human
a person
flung into the world
filled that void

No comments: