Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Grackle time

I woke up this morning with this song playing on loop in my head:

I recently heard it on the radio.   I totally forgot about this song from my past and enjoyed listening to it in my car in the present.  I'm pretty sure I remember thinking it was lame and boring at the time.  I decided today I love it.

Most importantly, I have observed that for the last one or two weeks Grackles are everywhere.  Moving to and fro, populating the bird feeders, swooping down and up, making crazy vocalizations that I imagine were heard during the dinosaur's reign.  I can't decide if I like "Grackle season" or "Grackle time" better.

Found this on wikipedia:
Though the exact mechanism is poorly understood, several studies have examined the ability of the common grackle to interpret the Earth's magnetic field—or in this case, the variability of it. The common grackle, (like most of its Quiscalus siblings) has been found to exhibit a scientifically significant attunation with a dynamic magnetic field.


















I like saying it.  Grackle.

No comments: