Thursday, November 16, 2017

New wave hormones

My new obsession is herbs and tinctures.  I frequent Richard Whelan, Susun Weed, Henriette's Herbal websites trying to find herbal allies to human maladies, mostly mine.  Every tincture I find to my liking is added to my Amazon wishlist.  What should a 40 something woman do when she is having an existential crisis?  It's all normal.  It's all hormonal?  It's my life, don't you forget...and I want it to never end.



Herb tinctures I've tried: Motherwort(hormone balance, heart), Skullcap (nervine), Echineacea (immune system) and Elderberry(immune system).  All from Herb Pharm.
Also tried hemp derived cbd oil

Herb allies I want to try:  Cannabis cbd oil (illegal in my state and country which is a crime against humanity), Vitex (Chaste Berry), Red Clover, Reishi, psylocibin (microdose mostly)

Herbs in my back yard I want to use: Poke root for tincture(powerful immune system ally so use as last resort), Poke berries to swallow like pills (the seeds are poisonous, so don't bite them)

I found a new website that has a lot of articles on entheogens(also illegal and another crime against humanity), cannabis(must be legalized to combat the opioid crisis in my country) and other Herbs for mental health .

I'm not sure, but I think I'm suffering from hormonal imbalance.  It might be due to extended breastfeeding and unbridled anxiety.  Is it my pituitary gland?  Is it my adrenals?  Is it my estrogen?  Is it my progesterone?  Is it my insulin?  I don't know.  All I know is that I have hot flushes, nausea, shortness of breath and overall unwell feeling.

I managed to calm myself of my anxiety by reading Claire Weekes' Hope and Health for your Nerves. She recommends that you face your anxiety, accept it, float through it when it hits and let time pass to bring homeostasis to your over-sensitized nervous system.  She's really practical about it and shows that there is a pattern to all anxieties.  It is reassuring  that no one is a special case when it comes to sensitized nerves.

"I'm just a symptom of the moral decay that's gnawing at the heart of the country"



No comments: