Tuesday, November 29, 2016

heigh ho

I'm still a quivering anxious mess over our future.  I took a trip down south and saw Trump signs and Confederate flags scattered here and there, but mostly I got to enjoy the scenery and pretend that nothing is happening.

Today I will do what Google says and celebrate Louisa May Alcott's 184th birthday.  Here are some cool quotes of hers:

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.

Love is a great beautifier.

Housekeeping ain't no joke.

Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won.

He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.

A little kingdom I possess, where thoughts and feelings dwell; And very hard the task I find of governing it well.

We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving, and we all have the power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing.






No comments: