Thursday, February 25, 2010

More Periodical Curiosities

"If you are among the very young at heart!"

Her soul is scared of her body
Here we see it; Afraid of death
and stunned by life.
As it frazzles and buzzes, clinging nervously to the spine
like a glowy grub worm or a golden crinkle french fry.
It cowers, shrinking close to the sacrum
"Come, dear Spirit,
Don't be afraid.
Come and spike my heart, toll the bell
A little further now, shy thing.
Muzzle your furry, static super cilia
in my cranial folds.
Ah, do you feel better my dear?"
Her body coaxes and coddles,
"Don't be afraid."

In other news...
TV is for Lovers
and Tokyo Zombies...

My new favorite cooking show is New Scandinavian Cooking with Claus Meyer. This Dane is a gem!

I have been reading; The Pearl by John Steinbeck and The Complete Art of Witchcraft by Sybil Leek.
Here is an entry from the latter:

The genesis of witchcraft is based entirely on the theory of a stream of energy which is indestructible, but has a part of itself which will change just as matter can be changed. Because we do not truly have a god or a devil, it is more rational for us to think of life in terms of forces of energy...


Today Julie is entering her...may they be long and satisfying. Happy Birthday!!

If you comment: Name the large lake in Florida.

I leave you with the image of me as The Herlihy Boy.
"Let me work for your company"
Where is Chris Farley to stand up for me and demand,
"For God Sakes! Hire the kid!"

No comments: