Thursday, October 29, 2009

DVR of Desire



I watched the middle part of Botany Desire on PBS last night. I DVRd it so I can watch the whole thing later. I saw the end of apple/sweetness, all of tulip/beauty and cannabis/intoxication and the beginning of potato/control. What I saw was really good--it seemed to hold true to the book, but it was really nice to see it visually. I also DVRd Harold and Maude!!!! I'm so excited to watch it!

Here is a list and thoughts that I wrote down while I was watching Botany of Desire:

Tulips:
Kazakhstan
What came first? The flower or the bee?
Traveled from Central Asia to Turkey
Sultan of the Ottoman Empire=Tulip freak
Tulip Mania-Dutch Tulip freaks
Semper Augustus caused the mania
The reaction of atmosphere to earth
Minerals to weather build geometric flora?

Cannabis:
Except it
No more wars against it
Use it
Manage it
Examine it

No comments: