Friday, March 13, 2009

Hot Fuzz



I love this movie--I could watch it a million times and not be sick of it. Here is one of my favorite scenes:

Supercop Nicholas Angel (Simon Pegg) has been reassigned to the small quaint town of Sandford. On his first day, he goes to lunch at a pub with his new coworkers, who are feeling a bit inferior to this big city cop.

Nicholas Angel: I didn't mean to upset the apple cart.
Detective Andy Cartwright (in a snarly tone): Oh yeah, cause we all sell apples 'round here, don't we?
Police officer Danny Butterman: Your dad sells apples, Andy.
Detective Andy Cartwright (cheerful, now): And raspberries.

It's mainly the way Det. Cartwright says "And raspberries" so quick and proud that makes this scene funny. I tried to find it in Youtube, but unbelieveably, I couldn't. You will have to see the movie for yourself.

Speaking of Simon Pegg, if they ever make a movie of "The Adventures of Tin Tin," I think he should play Tin Tin.

The Adventures of Tin Tin is another show I can't get enough of--it's a really great cartoon. The creator, Herge, is a very interesting character. I saw a POV on PBS a couple years ago about him, called "Tintin and I".

Oh man! I just googled Simon Pegg and Tintin and I found out Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson are making a Tintin movie and Simon Pegg is in it, but not as Tintin! Bummer! He and his frequent cohort, Nick Frost, are going to play the two bumbling detectives Thompson and Thomson. It looks like the film will be animated with motion capture technology (think Beowolf and Polar Express). Aaah! I hope they change their mind and put Mr. Pegg as Tintin.

No comments: