Monday, July 24, 2023

Fleur Flair

Journey into the Desert 
with Fleur Cowles
and Donovan
and Cary Grant
and Salvador Dali
and Queen Elizabeth 
and nearly everyone who was a big someone,
at one time--
Marilyn Monroe
Fleur made friends and kept them, as her memoir states.

I have to document my periodical curiosity with Fleur Cowles--I will love her style always,
but my focus has once again waned....like Robert Mitchum and Slavs.
I wonder what's next!  So exciting!

Desert Journey by Cowles, Donovan album cover











Picnic on the floor with Cary










Her study, my wish











Love the cig table setting



















Her portrait, my wish





















Fleur's extravagant magazine, Flair













For the jet set



















For the art set



















For the fox hunting set



















For the New York set



















For the sun set



















Known for cool cut-outs in the cover



















Inside the July 1950 issue














Cut-out by Dali for the Annual issue...





















...Flair only lasted one year




















But Fleur Cowles lasted 101!



















"I have an idea a minute...I'm a born idea myself."  -Fleur Cowles

Look her up, it was fun!

No comments: