Friday, September 6, 2019

Madame


I wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer when I was a little girl.  I saw a picture of this dummy this morning and I thought, that's either Lady Elaine or Madame.  That's Madame.  How do I know Madame?  I had to look it up and saw she did a spot on Solid Gold and instantly knew how I knew Madame.  She was also on Hollywood Squares which only cemented her recognition in my mind.  I also faintly remember her sitcom, Madame's Place, I think.  It's hard to say because Judy Landers was in a lot of stuff back then, but a young Corey Feldman as the neighbor kid really rings a bell.  I wonder if my husband remembers the theme song.  My daughter is starting dance this week.  She asked about it on her own, I swear.  Her wiggly body moves are a little out of control.  Why is she gyrating like that?! Did I do that at her age?  I wonder what are the cool dance troupes of her generation.




No comments: