Thursday, November 8, 2018

first snow

We are having the first snow of the year in these here parts.
It's nice to know nature doesn't give a fig about the ominous crap going on with the dictator president and complicit republican party in my country.  Currently, the guilty are trying to find a way to stop the investigation on themselves and relinquishing passes on Jim Acosta, one of our prestigious journalists.  The level of danger keeps mounting.  I find myself babysitting Twitter a little more once again.  I managed to shut it down for the night, but I kept going back to my phone, but not to social media.  A poem kept running through my head so I had to document it.  Here's the poem I'm working on:

American Agrimony

Leaves
I don't know you or agrimony
Do I fit the profile?
Extract, essence
Surprised by my cinquefoil roots
So, so many roses
Somewhere on the sad clown spectrum
Yet not occult
Someday roaming for barren strawberries
Laughing over the hill

No comments: