Thursday, September 8, 2016

sleep paralysis example

There was more to this dream, but here's how the interesting part starts:
my husband and I had to go somewhere.  We finally decided that taking a plane would be best.  I end up by myself still trying to get to the place, but on foot.  I dropped in like Mary Poppins on this really cute Tudor-like village. I see a shop that I think was something about knitting.. Reika's Knitting or something like that.. Another woman on the street goes into the shop ahead of me.  She starts talking to Reika and they both have British-like accents. I say, "may I please interrupt you two for a second?"  They turn and look at me and I say "where am I?"  The shop owner says something like "I can't tell you that right now" or "we will get to that later" I can't quite remember.  The three of us end up sitting at a table; Reika across from me and the other woman to my right.  Suddenly some force like invisible hands kind of pulls strands from my hair from my temples and simultaneously creates a band of pressure around my head and then possesses me.  I somehow throw my body over to the woman on my right and lean into her body maybe trying to grab her hand.  I try to talk, then try to scream but the force is too strong..it won't let me.. I try to move my hand and then my body but I'm paralyzed. After fighting for a bit, I finally am like, fuck it, and...dropped down inside myself (??)... and... make this low growl sound.  It released me and I woke up doing that sound.  I was lying on my back, which can inhibit sleep paralysis, and managed to turn a little to my side.  I was exhausted, but I was actually afraid to go to sleep right away because I didn't want to go back to that dream!  I focused on breathing and relaxing.  the end.

once I got my bearings I was able to loosely correlate the dream to my life.  It gave me a little hope that I will be released from anxiety.

No comments: