Thursday, May 22, 2008

Baby Beth War


I was in grade school when the Baby Beth war broke out. I was at my next door neighbor's house and found my Baby Beth doll in her basement. I knew it was mine because years earlier I had powdered Baby Beth's face and it was still caked in her nostrils. I remember being sick to my stomach when I realized that I had to confront my neighbor and tell her that this was my doll. This was a very violatile person, my next door neighbor, and she proved it once again by denying me my baby doll and screaming at me to leave. Minutes later her mother called mine. Her mother was even more foreboding--she may have even threatened to sue (she did that). My mother did not know how to respond--I mean, HOW do you respond?! I can't remember all that occured, but it turned out that my next door neighbor had the exact same doll and she thought it was hers. After they found her doll, they colored her Baby Beth's nostrils with pencil lead.

No comments: